- Refrain from using works like loony, wacko or crazy. We can try not to define them by their diagnosis. We can refrain from using the word schizophrenic. ‘He/she has schizophrenia,’ sounds so much better. It’s known as ‘person first language,’ which helps to reduce the stigma associated with these labels
- We can all learn facts about mental health and share them with others, especially if we hear something that is untrue.
- I would like us all to treat people suffering from a mental illness with respect and dignity, the way I would like to be treated.
- I would like to see an end to discrimination against people suffering from a mental illness especially in the workplace. People with physical disabilites and individuals suffering from a mental illness are protected under federal and state laws.
- Please help restore dignity to these people and allow them to walk with their heads held high and live with us in our communities. I need help here as I cannot do this alone. I promised David that I would fight for his rights and those of all people suffering from a mental illness. H E L P !